Ramakrishnan has the following opinion on the review on Infosys
Just wanted to contradict certain points becuase this article is quite loud and also clear at some level. I am not sure who is the author of this review and definately not an authentic one. May be someone of the outsider who can write this!
1. MUST be on bench for six months – This is very specific statement and absolutely not practical for a giant like Infosys. At any time, the company maintains a fixed ratio on bench and with strict norms enforced, no more than X days can someone be blocked/benched beyond that time. Other options like transfer to other Business Units/DCs are thought of.
2. Quality of work – It depends in which Business Unit you are put into. The kind of work will always vary in any organisation through any level. But drawing the line on Quality in one statement is highly unfair. There are different kind of projects which are under operation and I wonder if the author ever got the chance to even hear about them.
3. Career Growth – Compared to competetitors in services industry, Infosys is definately best place for growth (FEW Exception cases ALWAYS exists)
4. Unplanned work – Infosys way ahead of its competitors in terms of processes and earned many awards for its process-oriented organization wide system of work
5. Onsite Oppurtunity – Show me any other IT Services where you can move out really fast in a month or two? Having said that, shiney people do take off onsite chances in 8-9 months!
6. Work – Life balance – This is how the industry operates and occasional working on weekend do exists in some projects which are highlighted CRITICAL. But I would say 90% people do not work on weekends. And on other weekdays if you can’t plan other work maybe because of the traffic situation prevailing in the city. People start from home at 6am to reach at 8:30am and again to start at 5pm to reach at 7:30pm
7. Satisfaction with SALARY – If you really need money then start your own business. What I feel is living your dreams is what pays you off.
8. Products – Infosys is NOT a product company but just to enlighten the author: Infosys has spun off few more products 1. OnMobile – through which 60-70% mobile phone value-added contents are provided to telecom operators2. Yantra.com – which is now aquired by AT&T Bell Labs Sterling Commerce.3.And Fincale
9. False publicity of ethics and values – I don’t which incident has left you with a bitter taste but overall on the comparison scale weighing other organization – Infosys ethics are far far far more transparent. You can question any higher level if something is bothering you. And work ethics you need to be here to understand that and then be somehere else to realise the difference.